The methodology used is Tested, Proven, Flexible, Inclusive, Exclusive, Competent and highly useful for any person or child.
- Restoration, recovery, overuse, gradual consistent adaptation, S.A.I.D principle, illness, and injury prevention. male vs female training
- Tailored individually
- Strict when needed
- Soft and gentle when needed
- No rigid rules for non Elite Athletes
- Lead by example
- Place mental, emotional and physical health first
- Find joy in the work
- When ready, create competitive animals that are tough, respectful, relentless, unselfish, fair, humble, confident and respectful
Nature and Nurture
A child is born with abilities and limitations. The job of a coach is to maximize the strength and minimize the limiters while teaching and implementing leadership by example and effectively teaching principles that lead to the best and most reasonable positive outcome. Talent is not enough, wanting is not enough, playing a sport is not enough if the goals are high level competitive or pro level dreams.
Either way, it’s the job of the coach to nurture what nature provided the child.
Other sports and cultures worldwide
The highest-level athletes worldwide are developed at a very young age. In the USA, junior Olympians and Olympians are nurtured at the age of 7 in Gymnastics and Swimming. Many of the kids at a national level have the emotional and mental discipline to train at a very high level.
In Thailand, 7yr olds are fighting professionally.
TKP doesn’t necessarily agree with a certain culture’s approach but it sees evidence that kids can handle a lot more than we think as long as certain aspects of development aren’t violated.
Observations of our Culture
Kids programs can avoid educating or kids fail to adhere to Principles of restoration, recovery, overuse, gradual consistent adaptation, S.A.I.D principle, illness, and injury prevention. male vs female training
Let’s face it. We live in a watered down, soft culture when it comes to physical, mental and emotional growth in sports. Kid’s simply lacked toughness, durability, competitive fire, confidence, strength, endurance, power, speed, athleticism.
TKP aims to change this phenomenon in a Constructive not Destructive manner
Can be useful for brain development
Can also increase short attention span and desire for immediate gratification
Can assist in skill development
Does not replace basic good old fashioned consistent basic hard yet enjoyable work
Is used for Elite Development Training
No such thing as Boredom
The gift of life means there is no reason to feel bored. If you feel bored, you lack patience, creativity, autonomy and desire to learn or appreciation for quiet.
Life is a gift, use it to the best of your ability
Sample Competitive Level and Elite Level Fitness Testing (scaled down for entry-level and general fitness goals)
- Full Body-Brain, learning, vision, Stability, Balance, Agility- Coordination, Speed, Quickness, athleticism, endurance
- VO2 Max 20m Beep test
- 20m backpedaling time
- Sprint Track 40m, 100m, 200m, 400m
- VO2 max 800m test
- Endurance Maximum distance covered at <= 10min mile pace
- Fast feet 15min endurance test
- Broad Jump
- Pullup, Push Up, Hand Stand, Wheel Barrow
Elements of Growth and Development
- Learning breathing to calm and to excite
- Habits, Routines
- Balancing Life with Training
- Performance Nutrition
- Self-Motivated training
- When to rest, recover and take time off
- Preventing Injury
- Training and growing body
- Female and Male Body differences as developing athletes
- Learning sport development concepts
- Building an Aerobic Engine
- Building Work Capacity
- Building Strength, Stability and Flexibility Safely
- Building Speed, Power, Coordination, and Agility
- Developing Athleticism
“Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.”Rumi